1. Style

Naomi  Torres

New Tria Laser at Home Model: Faster and Cheaper

By February 2, 2009

Just when I知 finishing up with using Tria the laser at home device (full review coming out in the next few days), they go and launch another one. Check out these exciting changes:
  • Laser fires two times faster so treatment time is sped up
  • Cost is 20% less at $795
This new and improved Tria can be bought at QVC split between four payments, but won稚 be shipped until February 24th, 2009. Just so I can see how the new model compares, I知 going to try this one too.

More on Tria:

Comments

February 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm
(1) Jody Hauger says:

I have a Tria laser and I LOVE it! I started going to an expensive laser boutique with good reults. I then heard about the Tria and decided to try it. WOW!!!! Amazing results. I use it on my upper lip, chin, bikini area and under arms. After about six months of using my Tria I have virtually barely any hair left in these areas. I highly reccommend this product. It is worth every penny!

February 3, 2009 at 11:31 am
(2) sofia says:

i want to ask about the silk’n
is it good too??
what about changing its bulb? at home or at service center??

February 3, 2009 at 12:08 pm
(3) Manuela says:

Jody, isn’t the Tria not recommended for the face and neck? Did you have any problems using it in your face?

February 3, 2009 at 1:05 pm
(4) Heather says:

Well, I guess I’ll be returning the one I just got 2 weeks ago to get the new model.

February 4, 2009 at 4:47 pm
(5) sam adam says:

I bought the first Tria and though i’ve been using it on some thick areas of hair on my body, i’m not seeing noticeable results even after a few treatments. Is the pain worth it if there’s no more hair? we’ll see.

February 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm
(6) Jody Hauger says:

I actually have had fantastic results using the Tria on my upper lip and chin. I know it is not cleared for use on your face though.

March 15, 2009 at 4:52 pm
(7) Casey says:

After a few successful but expensive salon IPL treatments, I was excited to purchase the TRIA. I’ve used it once and although the booklet states that the first use will not produce noticeable results, I’m disappointed that there is no way I can measure it’s effectiveness. In the salon, new hair growth is immediately reduced. I’m encouraged that there are positive reviews but I’ll be nervous until I see results.

October 24, 2009 at 6:51 pm
(8) mimi says:

What happened to the chat about home laser hair removal? Was looking forward to hearing more. QVC don’t seem to be selling TRIA.

December 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm
(9) Bella says:

Hello all,

I just purchased the new Tria for only 500.
I opened the box and began to read about using it.
I was a little perplexed that you have to register the unit to ‘activate it’ for use. Scanning your skin each time with yet another device then hold it up to the laser to turn it on.
Now I bought this Tria because the advertisement I saw showed a woman’s face being hair free.
I believe most women buy this to alleviate facial hair more than any other place on their body. I was sad to see that this can not be used on the face or neck. But if it is safe for home use on the body and the industrial ones at a laser hair removal boutique are strionger and are used on the face then WHY Can this Tria NOT be used on the face? I waited for it to arrive and am sad I would have to return it.
I am desperate though and think I will use it on my face anyhow. Has anyone else used it on their face?
What are your results and experiences?

Thanks for any replies!

May 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm
(10) JER says:

Bella, the directions don’t say you CAN’T use the TRIA on your face, it tells you the US federal government says no, and that’s cause some women got a couple small burns from using it… and probably cause the FDA thinks americans will all be morons and use it on their eyes. The diode laser (same laser as the TRIA) in other countries is used on the face, so don’t conform! I bought this primarily for my face, and it works like a dream. I don’t follow rules, but i also don’t go complaining if something bad happens. I’ve used the tria every day and my horrible facial hirsutism is virtually gone after only a week. Yea, it hurts, i use it on level 5, and there’s some irritation, but that will heal. I like not having little black dots all over my face, and i look forward to not spending an hour EVERY SINGLE MORNING in the mirror before i’m ok with all the make-up and leave the house…

April 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm
(11) Donna says:

Just purchased the Tria from Bloomingdale’s for $395. I couldn’t wait to get home and try it. I purchased this mainly for my mustache, chin and checks. It does hurt a bit a 5 but I wanted the best results. You get used to it as you go. It’s now a 1/2 hour after my first treatment and I do see some results but I can’t tell if the hairs just got burned off or if it actually won’t come back. I do have a small amount of bumps on my face where I did it several times. Hopefully this will go away. The redness as gone but it’s still a bit sensitive to touch. Another 1/2 hour and I should be good to go.

July 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm
(12) Jenny says:

I have been using the Tria Laser on my upper lip and chin every day for about 5 days now and I have already seen a noticeable results. I used to tweeze everyday and sometimes twice a day now I may just have to tweeze a few hairs every other day. I use it on setting 5 and it can be painful but I figure….no pain no gain. I am a little red for just about 15 minutes and then i am good to go. so far I am super pleased with the results and hope to be relatively hair free in a month or so and just have to do a maintenence treatment once or twice a week.

July 6, 2012 at 10:00 am
(13) Liz says:

So the Tria CAN be used Everyday?!
I wonder why they state it should be used every two weeks?

August 11, 2012 at 6:04 am
(14) Ben says:

I have used lasers several times and heres some advice: you shouldnt re-do the same area again and again, that causes the bumps or redness. You dont need to do it everyday as hair doesnt grow back that quickly, hence the tria is recommended to be used every 2 weeks.

July 3, 2013 at 3:15 am
(15) ms hairless says:

well will it do damage to you if you do use it everyday?

July 3, 2013 at 3:17 am
(16) ms hairless says:

well will it do damage to you if you do use it everyday?
a herf=”"

July 9, 2013 at 10:25 am
(17) dot says:

I too would like to know whether using the laser more often than once a week (i.e. every day or every couple of days) is safe, or whether there is any risk of skin damage. This would be the chin and upper lip area.