1. Style

Naomi  Torres

New – Tria Laser 4X

By January 11, 2013

Just released today, the newest at home laser from Tria. The digital display now has a counter so the number of pulses can be tracked with each treatment. It also boasts faster treatment times, a longer battery life and FDA clearance for use on the body and face. They say it can be used on women's facial hair- from the cheekline down.

Like the previous model, it's still cordless, has five settings and a built-in skin tone sensor, but sells for $449 (buy direct). I'll soon be posting a profile piece on the 4X, so stay tuned.

Comments

January 16, 2013 at 12:40 am
(1) Margaret -Ann says:

Does it work on blonde or white hairs?

January 16, 2013 at 1:05 pm
(2) Naomi- Hair Removal Guide says:

No, it won’t work on blonde or white hairs as they don’t have enough pigment (color) for the laser to target.

February 14, 2013 at 11:03 am
(3) Gwen says:

I am a African American woman and am looking for an affordable hair removable system. I know that my brown skin will obsorb some of the lasers light, but will it be to the point that the system will be ineffective? I saw that the product was for fair to medium skin tones. That is too vague for me to completly understand. What does a medium skin tone look like?

February 15, 2013 at 11:02 am
(4) Hair Removal Guide -- Naomi says:

Gwen,
They have a skin tone chart on the Tria Beauty websitel

February 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm
(5) Tammyk1 says:

I have read the the TRIA 4X does not work on light (white or blond) facial hair. Is there ANY product that does? Sadly, tried the NoNo, which was a joke. Although the facial hair my mother as well as myself have is blond, is doesn’t make it any less annoying! If anyone knows of a product that we can use at home, PLEASE let me know. Neither can afford the expensive professional treatments and would prefer to do it ourselves, in the privacy of our homes.
Thank you!

April 25, 2013 at 11:11 am
(6) Kei says:

Can it be treated on my upper lip hairs with this new version of Tria 4X? Also, please let me know your updated result on Silk’n SensEpil treatments as well. Does it still last with hair-free? Thanks.

April 29, 2013 at 9:37 pm
(7) hairremoval says:

Kei,

Yes, it can be used on a woman’s upper lip as long as the hair is dark and skin falls in the right range. Learn more: Tria Laser 4X Profile.

May 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm
(8) Naomi-- Hair Removal Guide says:

Kei,

I apologize, I forgot to answer your question about Silk’n. My legs are still the same. Some hair may have come back in my underarms though.

June 17, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(9) LMO says:

It says okay for use 18 years old and up. What might be the consequences if a 16 year old was to use it? Is there a concern that the 4x will in the long term stimulate more hair growth?

July 22, 2013 at 4:38 pm
(10) Hair Removal Guide Naomi says:

LMO,

I’m not sure exactly why it says not to use on anyone under 18. It might be for safety issues and the possible side effects of the laser to those still growing.

May 3, 2014 at 4:16 pm
(11) Hi says:

Does it works on a 11 year old or 12?