Women and men we want to hear your experiences- good and bad- at home or at a salon. Whether it was a regular bikini wax to a full Brazilian. Please, keep it clean.
- I decided I was through with having hair there, so I went all out and got a hollywood, although my salon just calls it full bikini. Boy was it painful, but most definitely worth it. I used to shave- never again. Wax all the way. No pain no gain as they say :p
- —Guest Nikita
Brazilian/Hollywood in Walsall
- Went to a salon in Walsall for a Brazilian, but they only did bikini waxes. The pain wasn't too bad but it wasn't what I wanted.
- —Guest Kaatje
Discription for French is wrong
- French does include the tail end. It is also for those who want to wear g-string bikinis.
- —Guest Angela
First At-Home Was
- Worst thing ever. I quit about halfway through one leg when the hair was not coming off nearly enough and gave up entirely after trying a small patch on my bikini line, which bled. Bad experience, but can't afford a professional wax.
- —Guest Luna
- I want the hair gone!! And I don't want to shave and nick myself, that would be the worst, but I'm super duper nervous about getting a wax, I can't imagine the pain! Thanks for the info, I'm going with my best friend soon and now I'll know what to ask for!
- —Guest AneB
Ow, but dealable
- Went for my first wax today. I was VERY nervous. Decided to go all out and get "The Hollywood."
It wasn't that bad. Yes, It hurt, but completely tolerable and I love the feeling of no hair.
- —Guest Sarah
- I went and got a "HollyWood" it HuRt bad but I love it and I am so smooth :)
- —Guest April
- I went to a beautician and got a full leg and bikini wax done, it was extremely painful. I bled a fair amount and ended up with a lot of ingrown hairs which eventually had to be treated with antibiotics as they swelled up and became infected. I think I'll stick with hair removal creams.
- —Guest becca F
At Home Wax Heaven
- I am sooooo glad I chose to do at home waxing. No awkwardness 'cause I am by myself and can do what I want and don't need to know all the different names. Yes the waxing people see a hundred vaginas so why would seeing mine be a problem? Well I am just not comfortable showing someone that stuff :) so I chose at home waxing. I think I am addicted to it 'cause as soon as I see hair start to come back I immediately clear my schedule to take care of it ;) ok enough babbling.....at home is my choice
- —Guest Julie
Know the terms!!
- I finally decided to go for my first bikini wax because I was tired of shaving every other day. Who knew there were 10 different names?? I thought a full bikini wax covered it and when she was done and handed me a mirror, I basically had a foo-man-chu going on. LOL!! I ended up having to come back for a brazilian which was really what I wanted but was afraid of the pain. It was easy with the help of a little ibuprofen 30 minutes before. I love love love my brazilian and never want to return to shaving!! I don't know about anyone else, but all the girls I've ever seen in magazines had just about nothing! Names can be deceiving, so thanks for the explanation!!
- —Guest Tatiana
- Both my wife and I have the full 'Hollywood'. We are lucky and one of our neighbours is a beautician and so we have it done at home and at a discount as well!!
- —Guest andy
- It HURTS but is awesome and leaves a nice feeling.
- —Guest tar
at home waxing
- I agree with kelly, waxing at home is a bad idea. I, too, had patches of hair left end ended up tweezing them away. The waxing kits sometimes come with an oil to moisturize your skin and I found that it takes off most of the remaining wax.
- —Guest eliana rose
Bad Brazilian at Home
- I had a Brazilian at a salon before but wanted to save some money, so I bought a kit to do a Brazilian at home. Boy, was that a mistake. The wax didn't come off and I had patches of hair left. Let's just say that I was picking off wax for days.
- —Guest Kelly