From the article: Threading Hair Removal 101
Have you gotten your eyebrows threaded? I personally love it, but I know some people who have absolutely hated it. I know a lot depends on the person actually doing the threading. So that's why we want to hear about your experience. What Did You Think?
- Better than waxing and little pain!!! I got it done the first time and can't express how happy I am with the results!!!
- —Guest Tiffany Warren
- Threading is an amazing and effective hair removal technique. But it's a skill and hard to do on yourself and on someone. But I use this threading tool and it makes threading easy to do! Anyone can do this at home. Salons use them too. Check out www.helixhairthreading.com to see this amazing beauty tool. My new best friend!
- —Guest Maria
- I have tried several times now and each time I get big lumps on my brow bone area. It looks weird and swollen for about 3/4 days. It's not really worth it, I'll stick to the old fashioned method from now on.
- —Guest Lesley
- I just had this done today. It didn't hurt too much having my eyebrows done but having my lip threaded really hurt. I think my eyebrows are are a little too thin. In the past I've had waxing done. I think I may go back to that. I would recommend trying it and drawing your own conclusions. My husband and daughter think my brows look good.
- —Guest Harmony
- From the moment I peeked in the door to watch them threading to when I walked out with the best shaped eyebrows I've ever had (I'm 53) 5 mins had passed. The woman was very efficient and fast, it only stung a little with no redness at all afterwards. I will never do anything else but threading. Find a busy place full of woman.
- —Guest Sue
- I started having my eyebrows threaded a few months ago and they weren't exactly the worst eyebrows but they needed tidying up. My sister and mum have been having them done for ages and it still hurts my mum now! But my sister is immune to the pain, probably because she isn't really sensitive when it comes to pain. When I first got them done they hurt so much but the results were great!!!! I had a nice shape and they were so neat and tidy. The second time hurt just as much but the third time was okay, I think the more you get them done the less it hurts. But it really is worth it as your eyebrows look great!! I get them done every 3 weeks because it doesn't grow back fast and I'm going getting them done today!! It still hurts me and I dread it but its definitely worth the pain!
- —Guest Meera
- I am getting my eye brows waxed tomorrow and I am so worried! Some people say it hurts like heck and others say that it is just like getting a band aid ripped off. So many mixed emotions! What should I do? Are their some tips that you could give me? I am just turning 13. I can't wait to see what I look like though. •_• Grace•_•
- —Guest Grace R.
- The threading in the beauty parlour I go to is out in the open and everyone looks at you and it's so embarrassing!
- —Guest Trina
Any tips on how to reduce pain?
- I have my eyebrows and upper lip done, and it is very effective but also painful. I have it done by some Indian people. They're very professional however it hurts like hell. I'm going today and dreading it! Any help on how to reduce pain before you go?
- —Guest Hairygirl
- I got my chin and upper lip done by a very experienced person and it was virtually painless. My only problem is I live in OK. Does anyone know an experienced threader in Tulsa, OK?
- —Guest Janie
- It has its good and bad. Sometimes The technician will scrape and cut my skin because the technician might not be that experienced. And long term will it leave scars.
- —Guest pandapower
- I just got my eyebrows and lip threaded. It was very quick, and though it stung at that moment, it wasn't very painful afterwards. I did notice redness in the brow and lip area, but that's to be expected. I also saw some swelling above my lip, which I didn't expect, but that subsided after about 30 minutes to an hour. My technician seemed very experienced, pulling swaths of hair off all at once, without much unnecessary pain. This is the first time I've gotten any hair removal done professionally (I just have some peach fuzz and the ends of my brows have a couple stray hairs- I did this especially for prom and just because I wanted to see how it felt), and I'm actually impressed by how much of a difference I see in my face. I think my eyes look more defined and my lips looks more full. I was definitely pleased and I'll keep coming back.
- —Guest Leah
- Most painful thing I have ever gotten done. I got my lip done and my hair was really thick from shaving it prior. I was crying. Usually I pluck them but I decided to get this done since this was cheaper. I'm never doing it again and my pain level is high.
- —Guest emily
- I had mine threaded 2 days ago. I didn't think it was painful at all and much better shape than waxing but I have lumps around my eyebrows. Does anyone know why?
- —Guest yoyo
- Because I have very rapid hair growth, I have it done every 2 to 3 weeks. It is less painful if the hair isn't long. I also have loose, sensitive skin. So sometimes I have redness. A cool damp compress on the face helps reduce the redness. I have a very good person doing this and the facial massage at the end of the full face hair removal is heavenly.
- —Guest Liv
1-15 of 171Next