- I am a dancer so I kind of have to shave my arm pits. Until was twelve I was plannig on never shaving my legs but I had to because I had to perform bare-legged. Since then I've shaved my legs. As for pubic hair, I trim it and shave the stuff closest to my legs so it's not noticeable. And I dont believe in bikinis, there are plenty of cute one peices out there. Be your own person, don't shave just because everyone else does. Because I can guarantee once all the celebs stop shaving everyone else will.
- —Guest girly girl
- You don't have doubt if you're hairy woman. Be confident raising your arms without hair in your armpits. I think it's hygiene.
- —Guest maiden
Do What Your Skin Tells You
- If you want to shave and it makes you feel sexy, by all means go ahead. It's the thing that people do as teens and young adults, but once your married or in a relationship for a long time... it tends not to matter and you significant other will love you for who you are. As for the whole pubic hair thing, that's also up to preference and how your skin holds up. If your like me,y ou get an acne effect that itches and is uncomfortable for two weeks. And I am not even doing it wrong, it's just I have horrifically sensitive skin there so I can't shave. The bottom line is: Listen to your skin, if the area you are shaving looks worse off than it was before, chances are that shaving is something you phsically cannot do. And if you want to impress, don't. You always find a man that will love you no matter where your hair grows. I've had my boyfriend for almost a year and he's perfectly fine with anything that makes me comfortable, men who require you to shave are shallow and not worth it.
- —Guest Becki
- Its natural for a woman to be a bit hairy. When I met my girlfriend who later became my wife, I noticed that she had some hairs on her legs. She asked me what I thought, I told her never to wax, trim or shave her legs or under her arms, because I thought that was not the correct thing to do. So I say to these 14 and 15 year old girls that now have hairy armpits, 'down below' or on there legs, just leave it to nature, and be proud just like my wife who has never shaved, trimmed or cut her hair- BE NATURAL.
- —Guest Almorr
- I'm a very hairy girl and it's noticable. I take after my father, unfortunately, not after my mother who is naturally not that hairy. I'm only 14, but I'm a sophmore in high school and I can feel the pressure to shave, and I'm scared, but I dont want to be hairy either. I still haven't shaved anything, but used hair removal gels on my underarms and I trimmed my pubic area. I think women should do what makes them most comfortable, but I know how hard it is to shut out the society around you.
- —Guest wonderer
Body Hair on Women Unattractive
- Just my opinion, but I definitely find a woman with everything shaved much more attractive. I find it more feminine and sexy.
Whatever Floats Your Boat
- It shouldn't matter what others are doing. Whatever makes you happy, do it. Even if you're doing it for your mate (that's what makes me happy)!
- —Guest Shan
- In my experience I've never had a single complaint. I've always shaved my legs and under arms, but when it comes to the pubic area I go with what feels right at the time. Sometimes I shave, sometimes I don't. I really think people should worry about their own comfort level and do when makes them comfortable in their own skin, not worry about others.
- —Guest Kat
Individual choice is best.
- I go back and forth on hair removal. Bare, smooth skin feel great, but it takes a lot of upkeep (daily exfoliating, moisturizing). I have noticed that once leg hair gets past the stubble stage it's not unpleasant- it feels sort of silky and soft. Armpit hair personally irritates me- it's too itchy! As long as you're not becoming a slave to it, there's nothing wrong with regular shaving- but if you really can't bear to leave it be for a few days, you need to get some perspective! As for the private topiary, again that is individual choice. I've had Brazilians, and they were fun and I certainly felt pleasantly saucy afterwards, but again, they're a lot of hassle. Most men really don't care...and I always wonder with the ones that claim they do (I mean, would they turn down Megan Fox if she was totally unshaved? Really?). I think young girls in particular should realize that a lot of the pressure to shave comes from people trying to sell you things! Most people really don't care.
- —Guest crawledoutofthesea
- I have very dark hair and fairly dark skin (I'm white though) and I have dark hair on my body. I shave my legs, underarms and vagina. I started by just shaving my bikini line but I hated having so much hair down there. It started growing when I was about 8. I don't think women have to shave, it's a choice. I feel weird as I have the 'bald shaved look' down there and I'm only 13. If I had it my way no woman should shave down there. It's fine if they want to shave legs/armpits though.
- —Guest Laura
- I won't attempt to tutor the ignorant or open the closed mind. What I will do is state some facts. Shaving off your body hair has nothing to do with cleanliness. Washing contributes to cleanliness. Dirt on you is dirt on you whether you have it in your hair or not. Those who do not wash when needed, shaved or unshaved, are dirty. Perhaps shaving is a futile attempt in time saving by people too lazy to wash when needed. For those of you who say men/women need to shave (insert your body part here) you are really showing your ignorance. There is no biologic or evolutionary need for a person to shave anything. Hair is naturally made to self regulate. Shaving for, the most part, is all a matter of trying to accomplish the goal of altering your appearance to fool another into thinking you are young and youthful. If you wish to make yourself look like a pre-pubescent male or female by fakery you really weed out the people with pedophilic tendency for the people who are honest.
- For some reason there's no hair on my body apart from underarms and pubic areas. I'm really glad cause my hair is really dark and it literally looks horrible. I can't imagine how it would look like if I have hair on my arms and legs. I shave my underarms and pubic area about every two weeks or so.
- —Guest Rachel
No Hair is Good
- Women need to shave all body hair. Men need to shave testicles and surrounding area. Men also need to trim the remaining body hair short. No fuzzy navels. That way, the body is fully visible and able to be appreciated.
- —Guest Dude
From the family Doc...
- Women over 40 (roughly) should not wax or shave "all" ..... everything drops on older bodies, and take it from a OBGYN, it isn't as "sexy" as you might think. There's nothing wrong with well-groomed. Leave the Brazilian look for younger women.
- —Guest Dr. Hugh
- I don't really have a lot of hair since I'm blond and you can't see it that well. Now that I'm almost 17, I have to shave more reguarly. There's just one problem- I'm scared of shaving! I shave my armpits with a "lady shave", and undo my leg hairs with "hair removal lotion", just because I'm scared of the razors. My mom is a person who doesn't mind pubic hair, so I was taught to ignore it, but occasionally cut it. But all the girls around me wear bikinis and sexy underwear and I wanted that too! I decided to shave it all off, but since no one taught me how to, I cut myself 2 times and the next day the skin was irritated, which lasted for a whole week (itching and hurting). So I kind of didn't want to that anymore. But now that Im almost 17 (I tried it at 15 for first time) I really don't like it anymore since EVERYONE shaves. I agree a lot isn't awesome, but all of it gone? I'm not sure.. and still scared.. so a little hairy it is!
- —Guest girl