From the article: Reduce Waxing Pain- Top Ten Do's and Don'ts
How would you describe how waxing hurts? Or would you say that it wasn't bad at all? It's different for everyone. Tell us where you got waxed and what it felt like. Share Your Pain
Does it hurt ?
- I'm 10 going on 11 and my mum and she said I should wax because it doesn't hurt as much as shaving and when I'm there I don't know on which one I should do, underarms or legs.
- —Guest Guest s
- I know this sounds weird, but all the girls went out to my cousin's beauty school and she convinced us all to get our noses waxed. It really doesn't hurt AT ALL-- super surprising. It sounds kinda odd but it was so cool. It's nice to have no hair in your nose and you can breathe better. :)
- —Guest meganut
- Underarms hurt the least so that means the plainly you were just not thinking straight. They hurt more, unless you know the facts, don't share.
- —Guest Guest Nat
- I am 12 going on 13 and my family is a very hairy family and worst of all my hair is thick and dark! I've been waxing my lip, underarms, legs and bikini for about a year now, and before you ever shave I advise waxing! It is true that after many years your hair becomes much less and may even stop. So about the pain....it will definitely vary person to person. For me it hurts only a little above the lip, the underarms and the upper legs but mostly because I've been waxing my lip and underarms longer and my upper legs hair is much thinner but my bikini and leg is still very painful. Girls I am a competitive swimmer and spend half my life in a swimming costume so please if you can avoid bikini do it!!! Lastly never use this wax we can buy from local stores rather by from a pharmacy if you have to. And if there is a salon nearby go to them! :) Wish me luck I'm actually only going to have my legs waxed tomorrow yet I have done it before :p
- —Guest Elize
- It hurts like crazy sometimes, normal waxing. The only thing to do is to take breaths and try to take a painkiller or something. But I guess a waxing is the safest even though it hurts.
- —Guest Someone
- I'm 12 and I had my first waxing EVER today!! I had my underarms done and I don't get what all the fuss is about!! It's not as bad as you think! Maybe I was lucky or something but I prepared myself for the worst (ie. screaming blood crying) from other comments. It was a bit stingy but really nothing too bad!!! Just go for it! Xxxx
- —Guest Nat
What's all the fuss about?
- I got my first wax ever yesterday. I had only ever had my eyebrows done and I just decided to jump in at the deep end and get a Hollywood and my underarms done. Maybe a bit risky for a wax-virgin but I thought what the heck, let's do it. So I was totally braced for the worst because of all the horror stories of people screaming and crying and what not. Well, it was a wee bit stingy but really not that big a deal. You just breath out each time a strip is ripped off and it's fine. There was no screaming, no crying and no bleeding. People just need to try relaxing. I think if you tense up it would be worse. If you relax your body releases natural pain relievers so that's what I did. I'd definitely do it again.
- —Guest Priorwaxvirgin
Shall I and What's The Pain?
- Well, me too. I'm 12 and I use hair removal cream. My mum is telling me to wax so the hair growth gets less and they get smoother but I'm scared of the pain - is it really that horrible? We went once for my sisters and we asked for my upper lip but the beautician said it may be harsh on young skin. When did you start waxing and did it hurt? Where does it hurt most? I know I'm going to have to do it someday though haha ... thanks!
- —Guest Erm Confused
- Okay, so I have really hairy underarms and my mom is saying to wax them. I have a lakes trip coming up where I have to wear a swimming costume. Also my mom thinks it is stupid to want to use a numbing cream so I can't. Should I use ice to numb? My mom said she wouldn't mind that. Also I can't take tablets, so that is a no-go. I'm so confused and need to know-- does it hurt bad? I don't know my pain tolerance but once I wacked my hand against a wooden fireplace and started laughing half crying. So I don't know. Please reply, thanks.
- —Guest hiya
What The Heck
- Today was my first time getting my bikini waxed. I've gotten my arms waxed and my face- that was okay. But bikini waxing was so painful I couldn't hold my tears, and they came spilling down my face.
- —Guest Gunjan
- I will never forget my first time, it was awful and I was shivering all over due to the pain and cold. The therapist is a friend of mine, and very meticulous, which does take the stress level down a notch but the pain wasn't anything I was (even now) prepared for. Now that my friend is not working there anymore, I hesitate to get my Brazilian done. I've had it done at least 10 times already, but it still hurts pretty bad. And though about 30% of the hair is permanently gone, I'm still upset over the remaining 70%. Sigh. I love the results of a Brazilian but not that willing to undergo a painful one. Perhaps I will try the relax and wax cream next time, once I have built up my courage once again .
- —Guest C
- I am a guy and I shaved my legs for the first time, and I must say it's one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. When there was only one leg left, I was praying for god to save me.
- —Guest Chico
- Yes, the first few times getting a Brazilian was painful and many times for most the first time not all the hair will come out because of ingrown hairs and your hair has probably grown very thick from shaving. However if you keep up waxing you will see better and better results everytime I promise you! But you need to make sure you are going to a clean waxing spa, it makes all the difference. A good waxer will explain to you what she's doing especially if it's your first time, and she will tell you to take deep breaths. Trust me if you stick with it, it's worth it! Just make sure you go to a good clean place with friendly staff and it makes all the difference.
- —Guest Sarah
- It's been almost 3 yrs now since I started getting my arms and legs waxed. But even now if I go to the parlour for getting waxed, soon after waxing my skin develops red dots all over and they very convincingly look as if I have a skin disease. Also my skin remains the same for 2 or more days, even after cooling it with ice and applying aloe gel. I have also observed a lot of ingrown hair even after taking all precautions. I get pus pimples kind of and they leave a mark after healing. These are the reasons I get scared of waxing and the later I get it done, the more it pains. I tried chocolate wax once, but that too could do little to help as my growth was of 5 months. Please suggest some way out.
- —Guest nandy
- I don't know. I'm 12, nearly 13 and I want to start shaving my legs buy my mum said I can wax because she is a professional but I'm so scared that it will hurt.
- —Guest Emily
1-15 of 56Next