From the article: Reduce Waxing Pain- Top Ten Do's and Don'ts
How would you describe how waxing hurts? Or would you say that it wasn't bad at all? It's different for everyone. Tell us where you got waxed and what it felt like. Share Your Pain
- Yes, the first few times getting a Brazilian was painful and many times for most the first time not all the hair will come out because of ingrown hairs and your hair has probably grown very thick from shaving. However if you keep up waxing you will see better and better results everytime I promise you! But you need to make sure you are going to a clean waxing spa, it makes all the difference. A good waxer will explain to you what she's doing especially if it's your first time, and she will tell you to take deep breaths. Trust me if you stick with it, it's worth it! Just make sure you go to a good clean place with friendly staff and it makes all the difference.
- —Guest Sarah
- It's been almost 3 yrs now since I started getting my arms and legs waxed. But even now if I go to the parlour for getting waxed, soon after waxing my skin develops red dots all over and they very convincingly look as if I have a skin disease. Also my skin remains the same for 2 or more days, even after cooling it with ice and applying aloe gel. I have also observed a lot of ingrown hair even after taking all precautions. I get pus pimples kind of and they leave a mark after healing. These are the reasons I get scared of waxing and the later I get it done, the more it pains. I tried chocolate wax once, but that too could do little to help as my growth was of 5 months. Please suggest some way out.
- —Guest nandy
- I don't know. I'm 12, nearly 13 and I want to start shaving my legs buy my mum said I can wax because she is a professional but I'm so scared that it will hurt.
- —Guest Emily
I think its worth it!
- I wax my lip and legs occasionally, and I actually don't have a very high pain tolerance, but I don't think it hurts badly. When I did my bikini line, it hurt alot, but it was still bearable. And I knew that the results were so much more worth it than shaving-- just knowing that can really make the pain seem minimal.
- —Guest Danie
Too much pain!
- I regularly wax my eyebrows and upper lip, and it's painful (I always shed a tear or two) but it's bearable. However, this one time I had a trip to the beach, and I tried to wax my legs in a well known spa. Result: Unbelievable pain. I realized that day that my skin is probably way too sensitive and I was crying like a baby. But I had like 20 days of glory and softness. Right now I have another big trip coming, and I'm really considering the idea of bikini/brazilian wax, but I'm too scared of the pain. And besides, I feel really unconfortable when a stranger looks down there.
- —Guest ColombianGrl
- I'm only 11 yrs. old and I have noticed black upper lip hair. I want to remove it with wax. Does it hurt a lot? How much?
- —Guest please help
- I've gotten a few Brazilians before, it hurts so bad but so worth it. I hate shaving and it looks so much prettier after a wax than shaving. I think it's worth it. The pain lasts throughout the entire wax, the labia and mound hurt the most I think. But after it's not painful and the results last about a month, therefore I think it's worth it. I have down graded to the "barely there" (they leave a strip, basically the labia) because it still looks nice and I don't have to endure the worst pain! Eyebrows and other facial hair don't hurt at all for me.
- —Guest Ouch!
- Well I waxed my armpits today and it didn't really hurt. I mean I was laying in the bed very nervous, and when she ripped the hair it didn't hurt!!! Wow! And my armpits are beautiful now, it's worth it my skin is so smooth! I'm 15 and it's my first time! I will wax my legs soon (yeah I still have hairy legs) and I will need the bikini but I am so nervous. Does it hurt that much?
- —Guest Rachel
I hate it with a passion
- Waxing is the worst thing possible. It honestly nearly killed me when I got a Brazillian because 1) I was 9. 2) I had shaved it before. 3) I was 9 for crying out loud. I guess you're wondering what a 9 year old was doing waxing her bikini area. Well I was a beauty pagent queen and mum saw pubic hair one day, and within 10 seconds she was booking an appointment with the local beautician without consulting me. But I was one of those unlucky ones that's mum had every thing flawless abouth their body or world war 3 would start. So I had Botox when I was 6 and had re fills once a month (I never got use to that, every time I was a balling mess). I had my eyebrows waxed when I was 2 and had them done every week even if I had no re growth. Let me tell you this: I missed most days of school cause I hade a Botox appointment or a leg wax waiting for me. So don't wax little kids EVER cause it does hurt! THINK NEXT TIME WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING THEM THROUGH.
- —Guest Minnie
- Awful. I had it done in an upscale salon (like all pro athlete wives come here) so the staff is very good at what they do. But I kid you not, it was awful. I've had three kids and I have never been in that much pain. Butt area doesn't hurt at all. The inner labia and the top middle were hands down the worst. I was cursing and I'm not a swearer at all.
- —Guest Girl
Depends on where
- I've had my brows, upper lip, legs, and a 'detailed' bikini wax. All were easy and only stung slightly except for the bikini- which is the only one I don't do on a regular basis. It was insanely painful-I LOVED the results, and the specialist was a pro, but I just can't take it down there.
- —Guest Isa
- I was 9 when I first got waxed. I was very surprised, it didn't hurt much at all. It's really just a slight sting which only lasts 4 seconds. The results are just amazing! My once hairy, hairy legs were bare and beautiful! I was scared before I waxed but now I am fine. It is much better in the long term! I would recommend using Veet wax strips which are excellent because they take out hair as short as a few millimetres. It hurts many people because their wax hasn't been done well. Go to a good spa which has good reviews to get waxed first time.
- —Guest Roya
- I recently got my first Brazilian wax. It was so painful!! It felt like my skin was being ripped off, the pain was beyond just the surface. It lasted more than 3 days! My skin felt raw. I WILL NOT wax again.
- —Guest First timer
- When joining a naturist swim club I was informed after a 'settling in period' that a totally smooth body was necessary to become a full member.Waxing was an alternative to shaving and I was booked into a salon that did waxing for its members. After a full body wax I was at last hair free and didn't find it at all painful.
- —Guest James
I have been drinking pure spearmint tea
- For a month and a half I have been drinking spearmint tea and have seen many great improvements. I deal with eczema among other things and it does help with skin problems as well as other things that all of us women battle day to day for years. I wished I would have started drinking this tea years ago when I had problems with my menstrual on time each month. Since I started drinking spearmint tea for about a month and a half now, I have been getting my period each month, not on time, but I'm keeping track. I think every woman should at least give it a try cause it does work. Some women are different than others and may get results right away and some it may take a while, but I will tell you right now it does work......=)
- —Guest trin
1-15 of 44Next