From the article: Reduce Waxing Pain- Top Ten Do's and Don'ts
How would you describe how waxing hurts? Or would you say that it wasn't bad at all? It's different for everyone. Tell us where you got waxed and what it felt like. Share Your Pain
- When I was just 13 years old I got my legs armpits done. It really hurts but when I did it like 6 or 8 times I got use to it. For the people that are beginners, let you mom or dad do it first so you can feel safe- it still hurts but better.
- —Guest Ahhhhhh
It hurts, but not as bad as you'd think
- I'm in my 20's and started waxing last year, at home, because I'm shy like that. What hurts is not the pull itself, it's only if you do something wrong. If the hair is too long, if the skin isn't prepped with baby powder, if you do too big of an area, if you pull in the wrong direction or if you chicken out and don't pull it clean in one try, it will hurt like fire. But if you take your time and do small patches until you work up your courage, and if you learn how to do it properly, it is less painful than pulling a bandaid. FYI, those who start young will have an easier time because the roots of their hair hasn't developed and gotten good grip. Just like tweezing your brows, after a while it doesn't hurt anymore; the same happens with waxing. Also, learn the difference between soft and hard wax - you use each of them for different parts of the body (DON'T use soft wax for bikini area!)
- —Guest nika
- Waxing is in NO way painful at all. I like most of you had my first wax yesterday. Obviously I was scared but this is part of being a girl. I found it helps to have music to listen to, someone to text or someone interesting to tell a story. My mum waxed my arms and legs and the most (I wouldn't even call it painful) painful part was the back of my legs. And remember to always do a test patch. THE FEELING OF WAX: just imagine the feeling of getting all of your body hair removed and a layer of skin. Obviously it depends on the person but it's nothing to be scared about. Just remember that mother knows best. And if you do have a tan it will go. Sometimes you can actually see some colour on the wax strip. Anyway good luck and remember that you will feel SO much better.
- —Guest Jay
- I'm 11 and I waxed my legs for the first time today, and to be honest it only hurts a little bit, like a stinging pain. It hurt me mostly on my thighs.
- —Guest aanya
I'm 11 and im scared to wax
- Ok here's the thing, I'm 11 and Im going through puberty. I'm also blessed with black hair. My mum waxes my legs and now it doesn't hurt AT ALL!! But because of my ANNOYING black hair I have VERY hairy underarms... It annoys me because I'm so cautious with what I wear and such. To make matters worse half of my summer tops are tanks!:( I really don't want to wax there. I know it will hurt but alot of people I know say it doesn't! My mum has also offererd a bikini wax!! AS IF!!! Please help me!
- —Guest Scared To death
Does it hurt ?
- I'm 10 going on 11 and my mum and she said I should wax because it doesn't hurt as much as shaving and when I'm there I don't know on which one I should do, underarms or legs.
- —Guest Guest s
- I know this sounds weird, but all the girls went out to my cousin's beauty school and she convinced us all to get our noses waxed. It really doesn't hurt AT ALL-- super surprising. It sounds kinda odd but it was so cool. It's nice to have no hair in your nose and you can breathe better. :)
- —Guest meganut
- Underarms hurt the least so that means the plainly you were just not thinking straight. They hurt more, unless you know the facts, don't share.
- —Guest Guest Nat
- I am 12 going on 13 and my family is a very hairy family and worst of all my hair is thick and dark! I've been waxing my lip, underarms, legs and bikini for about a year now, and before you ever shave I advise waxing! It is true that after many years your hair becomes much less and may even stop. So about the pain....it will definitely vary person to person. For me it hurts only a little above the lip, the underarms and the upper legs but mostly because I've been waxing my lip and underarms longer and my upper legs hair is much thinner but my bikini and leg is still very painful. Girls I am a competitive swimmer and spend half my life in a swimming costume so please if you can avoid bikini do it!!! Lastly never use this wax we can buy from local stores rather by from a pharmacy if you have to. And if there is a salon nearby go to them! :) Wish me luck I'm actually only going to have my legs waxed tomorrow yet I have done it before :p
- —Guest Elize
- It hurts like crazy sometimes, normal waxing. The only thing to do is to take breaths and try to take a painkiller or something. But I guess a waxing is the safest even though it hurts.
- —Guest Someone
- I'm 12 and I had my first waxing EVER today!! I had my underarms done and I don't get what all the fuss is about!! It's not as bad as you think! Maybe I was lucky or something but I prepared myself for the worst (ie. screaming blood crying) from other comments. It was a bit stingy but really nothing too bad!!! Just go for it! Xxxx
- —Guest Nat
What's all the fuss about?
- I got my first wax ever yesterday. I had only ever had my eyebrows done and I just decided to jump in at the deep end and get a Hollywood and my underarms done. Maybe a bit risky for a wax-virgin but I thought what the heck, let's do it. So I was totally braced for the worst because of all the horror stories of people screaming and crying and what not. Well, it was a wee bit stingy but really not that big a deal. You just breath out each time a strip is ripped off and it's fine. There was no screaming, no crying and no bleeding. People just need to try relaxing. I think if you tense up it would be worse. If you relax your body releases natural pain relievers so that's what I did. I'd definitely do it again.
- —Guest Priorwaxvirgin
Shall I and What's The Pain?
- Well, me too. I'm 12 and I use hair removal cream. My mum is telling me to wax so the hair growth gets less and they get smoother but I'm scared of the pain - is it really that horrible? We went once for my sisters and we asked for my upper lip but the beautician said it may be harsh on young skin. When did you start waxing and did it hurt? Where does it hurt most? I know I'm going to have to do it someday though haha ... thanks!
- —Guest Erm Confused
- Okay, so I have really hairy underarms and my mom is saying to wax them. I have a lakes trip coming up where I have to wear a swimming costume. Also my mom thinks it is stupid to want to use a numbing cream so I can't. Should I use ice to numb? My mom said she wouldn't mind that. Also I can't take tablets, so that is a no-go. I'm so confused and need to know-- does it hurt bad? I don't know my pain tolerance but once I wacked my hand against a wooden fireplace and started laughing half crying. So I don't know. Please reply, thanks.
- —Guest hiya
What The Heck
- Today was my first time getting my bikini waxed. I've gotten my arms waxed and my face- that was okay. But bikini waxing was so painful I couldn't hold my tears, and they came spilling down my face.
- —Guest Gunjan
1-15 of 61Next