Pubic hair designs can take your shaving experience to the next level by shaping your bikini area into a heart, lightning bolt, triangle or other creation. We give you all the steps so you can design away in the privacy of your own home.
Time Required: 45 minutes
- Trim. If hair is longer than 3/4”, use hair clippers and trim it down to 1/2" - 3/4" using a guard attachment. Dust off any excess hair with a towel.
- Apply stencil. Put an unscented thick lotion or cream to the underside of the stencil, and place it on your hair where you want the design.
- Trim again. Holding the stencil down firmly, trim the hair outside the stencil down to 1/4" using hair clippers with guard attachment. The cream should help you keep the stencil in place.
- Take a warm bath or shower. Let hair get softened by the warmth for at five to ten minutes, so it’s easier to shave.
- Apply stencil again. Cream up the underside of the stencil and the hair in the design and re-apply.
- Shave. Apply shaving gel to the hair you're going to shave. First, remove the hair that's outlining the stencil using a fresh blade. Once you have that hair shaved outlining the stencil, you can remove the stencil and shave the rest. Read the how-to on getting a close, safe shave in the bikini area.
- Alternative method. After step four, slightly dry hair and use a red lip liner to outline the shape. (You might want to keep the lip liner for your bikini area only, and not use it back on your face). Use a somewhat clear shaving cream like Gigi Brazilian Shave Gel (compare prices) that doesn't foam so you can see through to shave only where needed.
- Detail. Now that you have your design in place, you can take the hair that’s in the shape down shorter if you desire using the hair clippers.
- Moisturize. Apply a light, preferably unscented lotion to the area shaved.
- Add more designs. A simple shape can easily become more elaborate by using body jewels or crystals to outline the shape. They are like putting on a sticker, just peel and stick on the skin. Learn how to vajazzle.
- Like glitter? Cosmetic-grade glitter adds sparkle to your design in a different way than jewels since they're not 3-D. Kits include everything you need to make it happen (compare prices).
- A simple shape like a heart or arrow will be much easier to design, but many stencils for designing are available, (compare prices).
- Keep all products on the outside of your body.
- If you are going to color your pubic hair, do that prior to shaving. The color may sting on freshly shaved skin.
- Hair Care Down There makes an Ultimate Shaving Kit for bikini shaving and pubic hair designs.
- If you want the hair to stay away longer than shaving, get pubic hair designs by waxing.
What You Need
- Stencil of shape or design
- Hair clippers with guard attachments
- High-quality razor
- Moisturizing shaving cream
- Thick, unscented body cream or lotion
- Red lip liner (optional)
- Body Jewels (optional)
- Glitter (optional)