You may not know there are many bikini waxing styles or types to choose from. Whether you want a little or a lot off, you can select the one that's best for you.
Just keep in mind that every salon and spa has their own names or versions of how much, or what hair is to be removed for the price on their menu. Just because a facility offers bikini waxes, doesn't automatically mean they will do all the styles for both women and men. This article describes the kinds as they would relate to women. We have this style guide for men.
Basic Bikini Waxing Styles:
- Regular Bikini Wax: Removes the hair outside the panty line.
When to choose: If it's your first bikini wax, or are just looking for a clean up.
Wax Your Bikini Line at Home
- Full Bikini Wax: Takes the sides of the bikini line deeper than a regular bikini wax, and can also include waxing some hair on top to make a more defined 'triangle' area, and trimming down the hair left shorter.
When to choose: You still want to keep hair, but want more definition than a clean-up.
- French Bikini Wax: Takes all hair off the in the front (except a small strip) and continues to right before the back. It doesn't take hair off from the back like a Brazilian (see below).
When to choose: You want the area basically pretty smooth with most hair removed, but don't want to take any hair away from your behind.
- Brazilian Bikini Wax: Takes all hair off the bikini line, front all the way to the back (yes by your bum). Sometimes a small landing strip or triangle is left in the front.
When to choose: The perfect option if you wear a thong, or want to be completely or almost hairless in front and back.
Brazilian Waxing Tips
- Hollywood: Where a Brazilian may leave you with some hair left, a Hollywood removes all of it. The bottom line, you won't have any genital hair left.
When to choose: You absolutely don't want any hair in the front, in-between or in the back. I wouldn't recommend it for your first bikini wax, it's something you should ease into.
Remember, you're in control of your service. So please tell the technician your preferences of where and how much hair you want removed or left. They can adjust the style to make it your own.
Want to go to the next level? A bikini waxing design takes it up a notch.
See pictures: Bikini Wax Styles for Women Video.